Magnolia Manor FAQ’s
What are your décor and send off rules?
User shall not injure, nor mar, nor in any manner deface said premises and shall not cause or permit anything to be done whereby the said premises shall be in any manner injured, marred or defaced. User shall not make or allow to be made any alteration of any kind therein.
- All decorations and send off plans should be pre-approved by Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont.
- No holes may be drilled, cored or punched in the Facility by items such as but not limited to nails, hooks, staples, tacks, or screws.
- The only adhesive material allowed is painter’s tape or 3M Command Strips which will not damage surfaces. Duct tape, masking tape, electrical tape, transparent tape, double stick tape, glue, glue dots or similar is not allowed. All other decoration must be freestanding.
- Painting is prohibited anywhere on the premises.
All candles must be contained or enclosed in glass. No open flames inside or outside the Facility.
- Confetti, streamer poppers, silly string, glitter, fog machines, bubble machines, pyrotechnics and sparklers are prohibited inside or outside the Facility.
- User may not attach anything to the light fixtures or remove any permanent fixtures in the Facility.
- No silk flower petals are allowed outside.
- All decorations inside and outside (including items used for the send off) must be removed (without leaving damages) by the end of the Event Time to be refunded the Damage Deposit unless special arrangements have been made with Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont.
Do you provide tables, chairs, linens and decor?
Tables and chairs are provided. You will need to provide your own linens and decorations.
Who sets up and breaks down the tables and chairs?
The table and chairs are provided, but the User does the set up and take down.
Who is in charge of cleanup?
At the conclusion of the event, User is responsible for putting the room back in order, cleaning tables, wiping down counters, sweeping floors, picking up trash, and taking trash to the dumpster. Cleaning service is available if requested and paid for in advance.
What is your catering policy?
Magnolia Manor reserves the right to refuse any caterer with whom we have experienced problems. Caterer must provide business license, liability insurance, health inspection and signed caterer’s responsibility form to Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont.
What are the rules for alcohol?
Any use of alcoholic beverages shall be the sole responsibility of the client who will secure any licenses, staff or permits required by law. Magnolia Manor requires client to obtain and use a licensed and insured bartender when serving ALL alcohol, with proof of license and insurance presented to Magnolia Manor one week before event. No alcoholic beverages shall be served without said proof of license and insurance. Clients are allowed to provide their own alcohol to the approved bartender.
The client must obtain a special occasion ABC permit to have hard liquor at an event. The application can be found at ABC.NC.gov . Clients should allow 3-4 weeks for issuance of the special occasion permit. Clients are not required to obtain a permit if they are providing only beer and wine.
Kegs are not allowed. Cash bars are against ABC regulations – only prepaid tickets sales or open bar.
May we take bridal and/or engagement pictures on property?
Yes! If you are a confirmed Magnolia Manor bride this service is included in your package. For other brides, contact us to learn more about scheduling your Greensboro bridal portrait session. Sessions are typically scheduled Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. We can accommodate evenings or weekends for an additional fee. ALL sessions need to be scheduled with the office so we can check availability and reserve the time for you.
Does Magnolia Manor have overnight accommodations?
No, but we are conveniently located within 5 miles of a variety of Greensboro airport hotels.
Do you have an outside area for the ceremony and weather back up plan?
Yes, our Wedding Garden with the ‘Sweetheart Tree’ as a backdrop makes a lovely outdoor ceremony area for your Greensboro wedding. It can seat up to 200 and has several electrical outlets.
If Mother Nature happens not to cooperate that day, we can move your ceremony to the Ashley Ballroom.
When can we have a wedding rehearsal?
Included in each wedding package is 1 hour of rehearsal time that is usually scheduled the day before your ceremony. Typically, rehearsals take 30-45 minutes. We encourage you to inform everyone in your wedding party to arrive before the official start of the rehearsal to ensure a timely start and finish.
Is it necessary to have a microphone for a garden ceremony?
It is not necessary to have a microphone in order for guests to hear during the ceremony. Many couples do choose to have a wireless microphone on the officiant in order to ensure that everything is heard. Your DJ would be responsible for supplying and setting up a microphone (there is power in the garden).
Does my officiant need to be at the rehearsal?
It is not required that your officiant attend the rehearsal. Some officiants like to attend the rehearsal to review the ceremony and practice the order of service with you. Others feel comfortable just coming to the actual wedding.
Are pets allowed at your venue?
Yes, pets are welcome to be a part of your outdoor ceremony or outdoor bridal portraits. Just make sure to clean up after them! No animals are allowed inside the Manor. No exotic animals please.
How do I reserve space at Magnolia Manor?
- Contact us to see if your date is available.
- Set up a tour (by appointment only) to view the venue and discuss your event details.
- A 50% non-refundable deposit of total fee and signed contract are required to confirm date.
- The balance & refundable damage deposit are due 30 days prior to the event.
How far in advance should we reserve a date for our event?
Dates are booked according to availability, so a date may be reserved if it is open. However, we only book dates up to 6 months out from the current date.
Do you hold dates?
A $50 non-refundable deposit will hold a date for 14 days. If you proceed with booking, the $50 will be credited to your balance.
How does the refundable damage deposit work?
For weddings, social events and any event serving alcohol an additional refundable $300 Damage Deposit is due 90 days before the event. In the event the facilities are not left in the same or similar condition in which it was found, this deposit will be applied to any repairs needed. In the event that repair and/or excessive cleaning are needed, the Deposit will be applied to those costs, and User will be responsible for any deficiencies. An inspection will be made prior to and at the conclusion of the event to check for damages. If eligible, the Damage Deposit will be refunded after the event via a check in the mail.
Do you offer a payment plan?
A 60 day no interest payment plan is offered for the initial 50% deposit, however, if timely payments are not received by the due dates, the payment plan may be denied and your date forfeited. Contact us for more information.
Do you offer any special discounts?
- 25% discount on Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday bookings to nonprofit organizations upon proof of 501(c)(3) status.
- 25% discount for Rehearsal Dinner if wedding is booked at Magnolia Manor.
- Girl Scout members can now receive a discount on event bookings!
- In thanks for their selfless service, we offer discounts for members of all branches of the military, police, fire department and their families.
Are there any hidden fees?
Absolutely not! The price is inclusive of the amenities that are offered. You can also be assured your catering bill will not be marked up for a venue usage fee! Sales tax will be added to any applicable portion of your rental.